Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Choose The Right

+6
lululu
AdminLiz
Drifting1
harmony
White Buffalo
subgenius
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 pm

subgenius

subgenius

lululu wrote:And you wonder why your brother "imposes exile upon himself."

--The lulu
no, i don't really...like his lifestyle, it is by his own choice.

27Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 pm

lululu

subgenius wrote:
lululu wrote:And you wonder why your brother "imposes exile upon himself."

--The lulu
no, i don't really...like his lifestyle, it is by his own choice.

Do you call the brother "the sexual deviant?"

28Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:58 am

bcspace

bcspace

Here's a thought subby,

Spend some time as a gay man.

I don't mean choose to be gay because we all know that's nonsense. What I mean is, spend a month pretending to be a gay man. Let you wife in on the test but to everyone else 'come out' and see how it feels and how you get valued.

Been there, done that. Not become or pretended to be gay, but lived, worked, and moved socially in gay communities long enough to know that yes, it's a vile, vulgar, and desperate lifestyle.

29Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:17 am

lululu

bcspace wrote:
Here's a thought subby,

Spend some time as a gay man.

I don't mean choose to be gay because we all know that's nonsense. What I mean is, spend a month pretending to be a gay man. Let you wife in on the test but to everyone else 'come out' and see how it feels and how you get valued.

Been there, done that. Not become or pretended to be gay, but lived, worked, and moved socially in gay communities long enough to know that yes, it's a vile, vulgar, and desperate lifestyle.

Do tell, bcspace, what communities were those? Oh, I forgot, if you ask bcspace a question, he doesn't answer.

30Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:10 am

Drifting1

Sub,

Did you follow the Prophets counsel in giving of your time and money to the activism against homosexual equality that would afford your brother the same domestic happiness that you yourself have?

31Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 am

subgenius

subgenius

Drifting1 wrote:Sub,

Did you follow the Prophets counsel in giving of your time and money to the activism against homosexual equality that would afford your brother the same domestic happiness that you yourself have?
Where can i find that Prophet's counsel?

And my brother and I, having had this conversation many times realize that his domestic happiness is not linked to any civil or religious marriage. He is already happy and could care less about getting married. My biggest objection to his lifestyle has been that he has been in a relationship with someone who has not been, in my opinion, encouraging of his potential. Whereas my father has flat out objected to his lifestyle he has also never denied my brother nor refused him. I have always maintained that he can be what he wants, but just don't settle for less than you could be.....at times he admits that he may have.

32Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 am

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

subgenius wrote:
White Buffalo wrote:Sex outside of marriage has long been considered by the church to be fornication. Now the church has come out squarely in favor of fornication, going so far as to dissolve marriages so that fornication can resume unhindered. Apparently it is the church's wish to fight against measures to reduce fornication domestically and internationally.
moronic.
and interesting to see your veiled support of beastiality.

It's interesting to see your inability to refute what I said. Cool

33Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:12 am

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

bcspace wrote:

I'm sure if anyone observed you "in your natural habitat," straight as you are, I'm sure similar adjectives would come to mind.

34Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:13 am

Drifting1

subgenius wrote:

Where can i find that Prophet's counsel?

Here you go...

A broad-based coalition of churches and other organizations placed the proposed amendment on the ballot. The Church will participate with this coalition in seeking its passage. Local Church leaders will provide information about how you may become involved in this important cause.

We ask that you do all you can to support the proposed constitutional amendment by donating of your means and time to assure that marriage in California is legally defined as being between a man and a woman. Our best efforts are required to preserve the sacred institution of marriage
From a letter read over the pulpit as far and as wide as the UK.
Now available online at the LDS newsroom.
mormonnewsroom.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/california-and-same-sex-marriage

35Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm

subgenius

subgenius

Drifting1 wrote:

Here you go...

Actually, that letter was not read "far and wide"...my ward never heard it.
from your own citation
"The following letter was sent from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Church leaders in California to be read to all congregations on 29 June 2008:"
unfortunately i am not a member in California.

36Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 pm

subgenius

subgenius

White Buffalo wrote:
subgenius wrote:
White Buffalo wrote:Sex outside of marriage has long been considered by the church to be fornication. Now the church has come out squarely in favor of fornication, going so far as to dissolve marriages so that fornication can resume unhindered. Apparently it is the church's wish to fight against measures to reduce fornication domestically and internationally.
moronic.
and interesting to see your veiled support of beastiality.

It's interesting to see your inability to refute what I said. Cool
you don't "refute" someone with their finger placed firmly inside their nose...you just simply look away

interesting indeed

37Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 pm

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

subgenius wrote:
you don't "refute" someone with their finger placed firmly inside their nose...you just simply look away

interesting indeed

We both know you're just sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "la la la la la." The church is encouraging fornication over monogamy. That's a fact.

38Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Drifting1

subgenius wrote:
Drifting1 wrote:

Here you go...

from your own citation
"The following letter was sent from the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Church leaders in California to be read to all congregations on 29 June 2008:"

Sorry sub, your ward may not have read it out. But it was read out, over the pulpit, beyond California and beyond the States. But let's put that to one side.

If this letter came to your ward, would you rally to the cry and give of your time and money to fight same sex marital equality even if your brother desired to be allowed to marry his boyfriend?
I'm asking do you support your Church or your Brother?

39Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 pm

subgenius

subgenius

Drifting1 wrote:
subgenius wrote:
Drifting1 wrote:

Here you go...

from your own citation

Sorry sub, your ward may not have read it out. But it was read out, over the pulpit, beyond California and beyond the States. But let's put that to one side.

If this letter came to your ward, would you rally to the cry and give of your time and money to fight same sex marital equality?
well, lets see....
the letter states:
"We ask that you do all you can to support the proposed constitutional amendment by donating of your means and time to assure that marriage in California is legally defined as being between a man and a woman"
sure, i would do all that i could, but i already do that.
by the way
this counsel is hardly the one you earlier describe as
"..giving of your time and money to the activism against homosexual equality"
once again we see your distortions and blatant mis-characterizations being less than useful to your cause.
homosexual inequality is a myth

40Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Drifting1

Sub,

From the LDS sponsored website 'Protect Marriage' here is a list of things that they ask you to do. Which ones would you be prepared to do in the fight against allowing your brother all the same marital rights and privileges that you enjoy?

1. Join the campaign team
2. Put up a campaign sign in your garden
3. Sign the petition
4. Tell 5 friends to get involved
5. Donate money to Protect Marriage
6. But campaign marketing materials and use them, such as flyers, badges etc
7. Attend campaign rally's and events
8. Vote

This is what your Church wants you to do to fight to protect marriage as a solely heterosexual institution. Which would you do?

41Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Drifting1

subgenius wrote:
by the way

Cue rebuttal from the mouth of the First Presidency...

We ask that you do all you can to support the proposed constitutional amendment by donating of your means and time to assure that marriage in California is legally defined as being between a man and a woman. Our best efforts are required to preserve the sacred institution of marriage

42Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

subgenius wrote:
well, lets see....
the letter states:
"We ask that you do all you can to support the proposed constitutional amendment by donating of your means and time to assure that marriage in California is legally defined as being between a man and a woman"
sure, i would do all that i could, but i already do that.
by the way
once again we see your distortions and blatant mis-characterizations being less than useful to your cause.

An excellent summation of the letter is "stick it to them homos!!"

43Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:43 pm

MCB

Since when is that so? FGS the larger society even seeks to label celibates as closeted gays, because that must be the only reason why they claim celibacy. geek

44Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:30 pm

bcspace

bcspace

Since when is that so?

It's true even now. No law prevents a homosexual from marrying another homosexual and as for state recognized marriages, all are equal before the law because the requirement is the same for heterosexuals and homosexuals alike.

45Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:55 pm

subgenius

subgenius

From the LDS sponsored website 'Protect Marriage' here is a list of things that they ask you to do. Which ones would you be prepared to do in the fight against allowing your brother all the same marital rights and privileges that you enjoy?

1. Join the campaign team
2. Put up a campaign sign in your garden
3. Sign the petition
4. Tell 5 friends to get involved
5. Donate money to Protect Marriage
6. But campaign marketing materials and use them, such as flyers, badges etc
7. Attend campaign rally's and events
8. Vote

This is what your Church wants you to do to fight to protect marriage as a solely heterosexual institution. Which would you do?
all of them

46Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm

subgenius

subgenius

Drifting1 wrote:
subgenius wrote:
by the way

Cue rebuttal from the mouth of the First Presidency...

still not as you have attempted to demonize.
though i applaud your efforts, the church and/or any other pro-same-sex-marriage person or group does not prevent any person from "marital rights and privileges that [anyone can] enjoy"

besides, this is off topic. I have simply asked what possible virtue or value does LGBT offer to society or to any person who claims to hold virtue/values - regardless of how one defines those virtues/values. Specific to the OP, how can the values promoted by the church be illustrated by any LGBT and thus merit them to be "chosen" as a friend? especially given the counsel which we all adhere to when it comes to choosing our friends.
This inquiry you have yet to address....

47Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 pm

subgenius

subgenius

White Buffalo wrote:An excellent summation of the letter is "stick it to them homos!!"
please, refrain from using "stick it" and "homos" in the same context, it is very unsettling.
Shocked

48Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:18 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

subgenius wrote:
White Buffalo wrote:An excellent summation of the letter is "stick it to them homos!!"
please, refrain from using "stick it" and "homos" in the same context, it is very unsettling.
Shocked
lol!

https://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com

49Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:32 pm

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

bcspace wrote:
It's true even now. No law prevents a homosexual from marrying another homosexual and as for state recognized marriages, all are equal before the law because the requirement is the same for heterosexuals and homosexuals alike.

Technically, current marriage laws are discriminatory based on gender. They don't specify sexual orientation, but they do discriminate based on gender, preventing one man from marrying another man, or one woman from marrying another woman. This is, of course, a clear violation of gender-related equal protection laws.

50Choose The Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Choose The Right Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:33 pm

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

subgenius wrote:
Shocked

Since homophobia is strongly associated with homosexual arrousal, double-entendres are appropriate and necessary. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum