Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Since homophobia is associated with homosexual arrousal...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

... does that mean that the expression of homophobic opinions is basically the online equivalent of taking a "wide stance" in an airport men's room?


J Abnorm Psychol. 1996 Aug;105(3):440-5.
Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?
Adams HE, Wright LW Jr, Lohr BA.
Source

Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602-3013, USA.
Abstract

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

View user profile
White Buffalo wrote:... does that mean that the expression of homophobic opinions is basically the online equivalent of taking a "wide stance" in an airport men's room?


I think it could be observed most readily as the hidden desire motivating phone bank calls to California, urging the passage of Proposition 8. The greater the state of homoerotic arousal, the more frequent the phone calls. Faster, faster, harder, harder till their finger tips were sore. After that the release of Family Home Evening and a satisfied smile.

View user profile
Assuming homophobia actually exists outside the NAMBLA wing of the APA and sordid dark corners and alleyways of various universities, Buffalo should hook himself up and watch this video to see if he's homophobic:

youtube dot com/watch?v=7FhqMsMUrb0

View user profile
bcspace wrote:Assuming homophobia actually exists outside the NAMBLA wing of the APA and sordid dark corners and alleyways of various universities, Buffalo should hook himself up and watch this video to see if he's homophobic:

youtube dot com/watch?v=7FhqMsMUrb0

I was aroused pirat

View user profile
White Buffalo wrote:
bcspace wrote:Assuming homophobia actually exists outside the NAMBLA wing of the APA and sordid dark corners and alleyways of various universities, Buffalo should hook himself up and watch this video to see if he's homophobic:

youtube dot com/watch?v=7FhqMsMUrb0

I was aroused pirat

LOL!

That reminds me....where is Schmo? He is our resident Homer!

View user profile http://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com
Stupid sexy Flanders. Now Buffalo is a homo(phobic). Thank goodness the flag has never saluted at the thought or sight of males in my case. Not even a twitch.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum