Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Down the memory hole

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 am

I'll start the first new thread. . . which will be a continuation of one already in progress on the main site.

So, has anyone heard back from Don Bradley about why one of the Sunstone panel participants was flushed down the memory hole (Oceania is at war with Eurasia; Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia)?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dr. Shades on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.mormoninformation.com

2 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:12 am

not me

View user profile

3 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:17 pm

All I can say is that Don is aware of what is going on.  I have no idea how he feels about it.

By the way, it's great to be able to post again!

View user profile

4 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:25 pm

consiglieri wrote:All I can say is that Don is aware of what is going on.  I have no idea how he feels about it.
Hopefully you'll hear back from him soon.  Seriously, the whole thing is so bizarre.  It's beyond the pale, even for them.

Glad to hear it!  It's good to hear from you again, too.

Last edited by Dr. Shades on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.mormoninformation.com

5 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:28 pm

If I do hear back from Don, I would want to make sure I have his specific authorization to share his thoughts with the board before I did so.  I kind of expect that he would want to post his own thoughts, to make sure I am not mischaracterizing him inadvertently, though.

This kind of problem in Mormonism is systemic.

Although this didn't happen on the say-so of the big boys downtown, this is just a replay of the Elder Poelman situation.

Except that Poelman was actually made to change the offensive things that he said in a new video of his General Conference address.

This isn't a situation like that, because presumably Bill Reel's 2013 comments at the FAIR conference were not objectionable in and of themselves.

It is because he has now said something FAIR doesn't like that they are going to go back and delete him from the conference.

This is like the ancient Egyptians who, when a new ruler came to town, would have all references to prior competitor rulers erased from the columns and records.

How insecure do you have to be?

View user profile

6 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello Dr. Shades,

I can assure you this entire escapade is a misunderstanding on the part of critics who are trying to make the Church look bad. As the Lord's hand has smitten your discussion board after excessive criticism of the Lord's anointed over the matter of adding unto his handbook, so shall he smite your works of darkness in regards to those who defend his name from the FairMormon community. For behold, his hand is stretched out still. Basketball

Do you get the picture?

View user profile

7 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:12 pm

I sent Bill Reel a supportive email yesterday afternoon.

He responded with, "Just some more PTSD from the church I love."

He's quite the card.

View user profile

8 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:26 pm

consiglieri wrote:It is because he has now said something FAIR doesn't like that they are going to go back and delete him from the conference.

The Egyptians wandered after false gods. How is this situation even comparable? Why do you speak with such black-and-white certainty? If Satan -- yea, even Lucifer -- could form from his dark lair the bones of what would be fantastic reptilian creatures you call "dinosaurs" and plant them around the whole earth, such as to deceive the vain thoughts of your wise ones, your so-called "scientists", then how hard would it be for him to plant dead links within a search engine to make it appear as if certain materials had existed at one time, when in fact such things never had?

View user profile

9 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:40 pm

Otter wrote:
consiglieri wrote:It is because he has now said something FAIR doesn't like that they are going to go back and delete him from the conference.

The Egyptians wandered after false gods. How is this situation even comparable? Why do you speak with such black-and-white certainty? If Satan -- yea, even Lucifer -- could form from his dark lair the bones of what would be fantastic reptilian creatures you call "dinosaurs" and plant them around the whole earth, such as to deceive the vain thoughts of your wise ones, your so-called "scientists", then how hard would it be for him to plant dead links within a search engine to make it appear as if certain materials had existed at one time, when in fact such things never had?

God is also  hacker? I'm so impressed with how well God manages his time (what with all the lost car keys and such)!

BTW, dinosaurs were not reptiles. No worries, it's a common mistake.

View user profile

10 Re: Down the memory hole on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Dr. Shades wrote:
consiglieri wrote:All I can say is that Don is aware of what is going on.  I have no idea how he feels about it.
Hopefully you'll hear back from him soon.  Seriously, the whole thing is so bizarre.  It's beyond the pale, even for them.

Glad to hear it!  It's good to hear from you again, too.

Please send Don the link to our little emergency board here so that he knows where we all disappeared to.

View user profile http://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum