Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selections from "Sic et Non"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Selections from "Sic et Non" Empty Selections from "Sic et Non" Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:13 am

Moksha

Moksha

Fred Kratz  Michael Hoggan • a day ago
What? Who was giving boat building instructions to the Jaredites?

Moksha  Fred Kratz • 20 hours ago
What about the medieval translation committee?

Louis Midgley  Moksha • 19 hours ago
Dunce!

Moksha  Louis Midgley • 14 minutes ago
I admit the idea of a medieval translation committee is pretty far out, but look who is financing this far out project. Are they dunces? While it seems we both wear the same conical hats, they have Ph.Ds and tend to have a serious look on their faces.

DanielPeterson Mod  • 9 minutes ago
For the record: The topic of the blog entry to which Moksha doesn't even PRETEND to respond is "Quantum mechanics and commonsense intuitions."

Instead, he brings to this blog the ignorant giggling of his native message board, where the inmates love to mock the "translation committee" in order to avoid talking about the actual hypothesis (which doesn't entail a "translation committee") and to escape acknowledging the actual evidence that supports it.

Moksha  DanielPeterson • a minute ago
I was trying to provide a potential hypothesis for the question of "who provided the boat building instructions to the Jaredites". It doesn't have to be a committee. It could have been Gepetto translating away at his medieval workstation in Antwerp.

2Selections from "Sic et Non" Empty Re: Selections from "Sic et Non" Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:17 pm

BretRipley

BretRipley

Moksha wrote:
DanielPeterson Mod  • 9 minutes ago
For the record: The topic of the blog entry to which Moksha doesn't even PRETEND to respond is "Quantum mechanics and commonsense intuitions."

Instead, he brings to this blog the ignorant giggling of his native message board, where the inmates love to mock the "translation committee" in order to avoid talking about the actual hypothesis (which doesn't entail a "translation committee") and to escape acknowledging the actual evidence that supports it.
You mean like this? --

Proponents of the Ghost Committee Hypothesis may be missing an opportunity to punch up the old text with a Revised Ghost Committee Version including submissions from a panel of some relatively younger ghostly transleditors. Some more-or-less obvious possibilities:

"Call me Nephi." (Herman Melville)

"I was born of goodly parents. I really was." (J.D. Salinger)

"In a hole in the ground there lived a Nephite." (J.R.R. Tolkien)

"In a hole[1] in the ground[2] there lived[3] a Nephite[4]." (Christopher Tolkien)

"Nephi was born of goodly parents. But in the Old County being goodly only bought you the same welcome mat they lay out for lepers at a Turkish harem." (Raymond Chandler)

"Nephi died. In the rain." (Ernest Hemingway)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum