Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Empty Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Shulem

Shulem

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is full of shit for trying to push the Facsimile No. 3 as if it was a revelation and revealed Egyptology to the world. The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are totally false and made up musings of Joe Smith who thought he could fool the saints and everyone else because he knew the Egyptian language in his day was a dead language, not yet restored through art and science as in modern times.

Scripture of the Book of Abraham is pure racist bullshit:

"Figure 6: Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince"

Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham AnubisFac3

Here we see that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has mocked one of the chief Egyptian gods by calling him a slave and moreover attaching a false name to his title which is not included in the writing of the papyrus shown in the Facsimile as Joe Smith claimed. The Mormon church is guilty of lying and everyone should boo them for this horrible public display of mockery. The Presidents of the Mormon church have no honor. They continue to mock the Egyptian religion with their Book of Abraham revelations and show no sign of wanting to set the record straight. Never trust a Mormon! They are liars. Their scriptures are a testimony of their lies. Modern science and art have proven this. Joseph Smith didn't know a damn thing about Egyptology and his silly guesses proved him a false revelator.

Paul O

2Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Empty Re: Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 am

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

I've never seen any apologist answer this simple question. Because they can't.

3Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Empty Re: Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

Paul, I am curious. You spent years as an apologist for the Church, studying the BOA and Egyptology. You even had a website devoted to showing apologetically how the Church was true.

If you were still a stalward member of the Church, what would your apologetic be to what you are speaking out against now?

https://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com

Shulem

Shulem

AdminLiz wrote:Paul, I am curious. You spent years as an apologist for the Church, studying the BOA and Egyptology. You even had a website devoted to showing apologetically how the Church was true.

If you were still a stalward member of the Church, what would your apologetic be to what you are speaking out against now?

Good question, Liz. Question

I addressed the many problems regarding Facsimile No. 3 on my old website and they were probably the best pro-LDS presentations available anywhere. It took the approach of combining the catalyst theory with the prophet's use of representationalism in restoring the lost Book of Abraham through imagery provided by the Mormon papyrus. I could not accept the flimsy excused tendered by Hugh Nibley and John Gee because they were so full of holes and obviously wrong and utterly dishonest.

Paul O

Shulem

Shulem

White Buffalo wrote:I've never seen any apologist answer this simple question. Because they can't.

I offered this quick little tidbit:

"The Joseph Smith explanation says that this is, "Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince."

Guess what? Joseph Smith's explanation is exactly what Anubis looks like! All's well, ends well."

Paul O

6Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Empty Re: Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm

Dr. Shades

Dr. Shades

Shulem wrote:Here we see that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has mocked one of the chief Egyptian gods by calling him a slave and moreover attaching a false name to his title which is not included in the writing of the papyrus shown in the Facsimile as Joe Smith claimed. The Mormon church is guilty of lying and everyone should boo them for this horrible public display of mockery.
Is mocking a god of the Egyptians somehow worse than mocking the god of the Mormons?

http://www.mormoninformation.com

Shulem

Shulem

Dr. Shades wrote:
Shulem wrote:Here we see that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has mocked one of the chief Egyptian gods by calling him a slave and moreover attaching a false name to his title which is not included in the writing of the papyrus shown in the Facsimile as Joe Smith claimed. The Mormon church is guilty of lying and everyone should boo them for this horrible public display of mockery.
Is mocking a god of the Egyptians somehow worse than mocking the god of the Mormons?

I don't think it's any worse but at least I'll own up to my mockings. But the fucking Mormons refuse to admit they have mocked the Egyptian god and continue to publish their slanderous comments in their so-called holy Book of Abraham which blasphemes the ancient Egyptian religion. Those fuckers have labeled an Egyptian god as a slave. That's as low as you can go.

Dr. Shades

Dr. Shades

If the Egyptian god doesn't exist, what's wrong with mocking Him?

http://www.mormoninformation.com

ludwigm

ludwigm

Dr. Shades wrote:

Don't forget the worst one: mocking Allah...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/20/saudi-court-sentences-poet-to-death-for-renouncing-islam wrote:Saudi court sentences poet to death for renouncing Islam

A Saudi court on Tuesday ordered the execution of Ashraf Fayadh, who has curated art shows in Jeddah and at the Venice Biennale. The poet, who said he did not have legal representation, was given 30 days to appeal against the ruling.

Fayadh, 35, a key member of the British-Saudi art organisation Edge of Arabia, was originally sentenced to four years in prison and 800 lashes by the general court in Abha, a city in the south-west of the ultraconservative kingdom, in May 2014.

But after his appeal was dismissed he was retried last month and a new panel of judges ruled that his repentance did not prevent his execution.

10Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Empty Re: Facsimile No. 3 of the Book of Abraham Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:32 am

Shulem

Shulem

Dr. Shades wrote:If the Egyptian god doesn't exist, what's wrong with mocking Him?

I don't have a problem with mocking him. I have a problem with the ____ Mormons who deny that they are mocking him. They blaspheme sacred Egyptian things and while doing so extol Joseph Smith as if he's some kind of Egyptian revelator when he's actually a piece of lying ____ and taking Egyptian things to advance his lying  cause.

Joseph Smith is a piece of ____. Flush him down the ____ toilet.

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum