Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A temporary refuge

+10
ludwigm
Helaman
Shulem
MCB
subgenius
Quasimodo
lululu
bcspace
harmony
AdminLiz
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A temporary refuge Empty A temporary refuge Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:05 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

If MDB shuts down, we can use this forum as a temporary refuge.

https://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com

2A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Liz

test

3A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:52 pm

harmony

This site won't let me register as harmony or serenity. So I went way back in my cloak of many colors to find this one.

4A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 pm

harmony

Do you have a block on the offending IPs?

5A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:52 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

wazing wrote:Do you have a block on the offending IPs?

I do.

And, I will work out some of these other kinks if we really need to use this. I am still hoping that the original MDB does not get shut down.

6A temporary refuge Empty Do I need to register? Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:43 pm

bcspace

This is bcspace. Do I need to register?

7A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:55 pm

bcspace

bcspace

I guess I do. Didn't know what had been preserved.

8A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:28 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

bcspace wrote:I guess I do. Didn't know what had been preserved.

Yes, everyone needs to register. I have it open right now so that you can post even if you are a guest, right now.

No conversations from the other board have been transferred here. If we do use this board, we will be starting fresh.

9A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm

bcspace

bcspace

Mmmmmmmmmmm.........fresh.

10A temporary refuge Empty What happened to the old board? Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:00 pm

lululu

Or is that something we're not supposed to talk about?

Like why Blacks couldn't be ordained pre-1978.

11A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:04 pm

bcspace

bcspace

That's an MDD rule, not a Church rule.

12A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:12 pm

lululu

bcspace wrote:

Which is the MDD rule, we can't talk about why the board went down or why Blacks couldn't be ordained?

13A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Quasimodo

Quasimodo

bcspace wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmm.........fresh.

A chance for you to repent and move to sunlit uplands. Smile

14A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Quasimodo

Quasimodo

AdminLiz wrote:

I do.

And, I will work out some of these other kinks if we really need to use this. I am still hoping that the original MDB does not get shut down.

It sounds like you think our MDB may not come back. Do you know yet what the problem is?

15A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

Quasimodo wrote:
AdminLiz wrote:

I do.

It sounds like you think our MDB may not come back. Do you know yet what the problem is?

I spoke with Shades.

Apparently, the board is down because the redirects starting happening again. Mav and Keene have taken the board down to work on the problem. There is no ETA regarding when the board will be back up.

I was worried about the board being taken down permanently due to the complaint that had been lodged against the board regarding Darrick.

However, Dream Host took no negative action against the board based on that, so we are good to go as soon as the technical difficulties are worked out.

Shades asked me what I planned to do with this site once we are up and running again.

I told him that this could simply be a permanent temporary meeting place when things go wrong with the other board. That is really why I designed it.

Now, if something happens that the other board does go down perrmanently, I am more than willing to work with Mav and Keene on transferring files here, and having this be the new official board.

At this point, though, I really don't see a need for that.

16A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:36 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

lululu wrote:
bcspace wrote:

Which is the MDD rule, we can't talk about why the board went down or why Blacks couldn't be ordained?

As far as I am concerned, either topic can be discussed at will.

17A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:37 pm

subgenius

subgenius

ahhh...beyond the veil

18A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm

Quasimodo

Quasimodo

Quasimodo wrote:

AdminLiz wrote:I spoke with Shades.

Apparently, the board is down because the redirects starting happening again. Mav and Keene have taken the board down to work on the problem. There is no ETA regarding when the board will be back up.

I was worried about the board being taken down permanently due to the complaint that had been lodged against the board regarding Darrick.

However, Dream Host took no negative action against the board based on that, so we are good to go as soon as the technical difficulties are worked out.

Shades asked me what I planned to do with this site once we are up and running again.

I told him that this could simply be a permanent temporary meeting place when things go wrong with the other board. That is really why I designed it.

Now, if something happens that the other board does go down perrmanently, I am more than willing to work with Mav and Keene on transferring files here, and having this be the new official board.

THANKS Liz! Hopefully all will be well. Kudos for setting this board up in the mean time!

If for some reason MDB can't come back, we all have a chance at a reincarnation on this one.

19A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:46 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

Quasimodo wrote:
AdminLiz wrote:

THANKS Liz! Hopefully all will be well. Kudos for setting this board up in the mean time!

If for some reason MDB can't come back, we all have a chance at a reincarnation on this one.

I appreciate that, Quasi! You are actually the first person who has thanked me for doing this. It means a lot. Very Happy

20A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:05 pm

subgenius

subgenius

AdminLiz wrote:I appreciate that, Quasi! You are actually the first person who has thanked me for doing this. It means a lot. Very Happy
allow me to be second....thank you

21A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Quasimodo

Quasimodo

AdminLiz wrote:
Quasimodo wrote:
AdminLiz wrote:

I appreciate that, Quasi! You are actually the first person who has thanked me for doing this. It means a lot. Very Happy

My pleasure, Liz! I've always thought that the admins were underappreciated here. You donate your time to provide us with a place to interact. I especially appreciate the time you must have spent to set this temp board up.

22A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:07 pm

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

subgenius wrote:
AdminLiz wrote:I appreciate that, Quasi! You are actually the first person who has thanked me for doing this. It means a lot. Very Happy

Aww...you guys are sweet1 flower

23A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm

lululu

AdminLiz wrote:
lululu wrote:
bcspace wrote:

As far as I am concerned, either topic can be discussed at will.

But which did you mean?

You're always ducking the question.

24A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 pm

lululu

AdminLiz wrote:
subgenius wrote:

Aww...you guys are sweet1 flower

But not as sweet as you.

25A temporary refuge Empty Re: A temporary refuge Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:07 pm

MCB

Thank you all for this place. When the board goes down, I get anxious. Nice to be able to know what is going on. Tried to go to the regular from the library, and got a malicious redirect message there, so figured out that was what was going on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum