Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is This Letter real?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is This Letter real? Empty Is This Letter real? Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:15 pm

grindael

The Stake President in the East St. George stake sent an email out to the whole stake promising them the Coronavirus would pass over them if they followed the prophet. Also interesting how he mentions the “miracle” in church leadership following the council of National leaders by cancelling church. Trump mandates no groups of 50 and this guy says it’s a miracle. I don’t remember being this dumb when I believed. Will be interesting to watch as CV spreads throughout Utah. (Bill Reel)

Dear
Great Members of the St. George East Stake,
This past Thursday and Friday, March
12th & 13th will go down in the annals of history when life as we knew it would be changed forever…..well, maybe not forever, but for quite some time at least. In the past 24 hours, I have had time to pause and reflect on the state and national responses
to the COVID-19 virus that has made its way to our doorsteps. I have also been witness to the inspired responses by our prophet, even Russell M. Nelson, his counselors and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

On Friday, March 13th, I had the opportunity
to participate in a telephone call with our Area Authority Seventy, Elder Michael Wilstead and all of the other Stake Presidents that are part of the Virgin River West Coordinating Council (16 most western stakes in Washington County and Mesquite, NV). We
listened, asked questions and then were trained on some of the administrative and priesthood details, as given by the First Presidency and the Utah South Area Presidency, that we all will be living by for the next foreseeable, but temporary future.

Because of my involvement with stake
level direction on these matters, I have just felt the need to convey to you how much my testimony of living prophets and apostles have grown in the last 48 hours. In our initial ward conferences this year we have emphasized and counseled with stake members
the need to gain a testimony of and to heed the words of these ordained modern prophets with exactness. After the events of the last 4-5 days, I can see with greater clarity why we are counseled to “follow the prophet”. The primary song, “Follow the Prophet”
has gone over and over in my mind during these past several days.

I came away from that telephone meeting
on Friday with a deeper respect and fortified testimony of how we are truly being lead by the hand of our Heavenly Father through his chosen prophet today. To witness the direction that was given by President Nelson and The First Presidency to follow State/National
leaders in efforts to limit COVID-19 exposures, to effectively move a worldwide body of church members (16 million+) from Sunday worship in our meetinghouses to one that is home-centered in the space of about 30 hours with precision, is really a modern miracle,
only only orchestrated through a living prophet. The inspiration that President Nelson had, starting early in his presidency, to move the body of the church to a more home-centered, church-supported system of gospel living now makes more sense in light of
all of the developing events.

Yesterday, (Sunday), the Stake Presidency
had a wonderful meeting with your great Bishops to review all of the adjustments needing to be made. I testify that you are being led by local leaders who love and serve you with their whole souls. At the beginning of the meeting, I shared with them a scripture
that came to mind that seems most fitting in light of all of these sudden changes to our way of life. In D&C 123:17 we read:

"Therefore,
dearly beloved brethren [sisters], let us cheerfully
do
all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the
salvation
of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

With that wonderful scripture of peace
in mind, I testify to you that as we faithfully and cheerfully do all that lies within our power and energy to follow the direction and guidance from our beloved prophet, Russell M. Nelson, who I know with all my heart is ordained of God for our benefit in
these last days, that by the keys of Stake President that I hold, I bless each of you and your households “that the plague may be stayed from [this] people”,
(2 Sam 24:21) even the great saints
of the St. George East Stake.

May the Lord use this time of uncertainty
in each of your lives to bless you with glorious and joyful optimism in his work and purposes and in your efforts to be true disciples of Jesus Christ.

Your Friend, Neighbor and Servant,

President Lance F. Greer

St. George East Stake

2Is This Letter real? Empty Re: Is This Letter real? Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:55 pm

Shulem

Shulem

Reading just one paragraph of this bullshit letter confirms to my mind that it's totally fake.

Fake. Fake. Fake.

rendeer

3Is This Letter real? Empty Re: Is This Letter real? Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Shulem

Shulem

So am I the only one around here that thinks the letter is fake?

Ain't anyone else going to comment? What the fuck is wrong with everyone? Is everyone got Corona and dying. Jesus Christ the world is ending.

Sleep

4Is This Letter real? Empty Re: Is This Letter real? Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:08 pm

grindael

It's fake.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum