Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shulem smacks down Daniel C Peterson

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shulem smacks down Daniel C Peterson Empty Shulem smacks down Daniel C Peterson Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 pm

Shulem

Shulem

MORMON dialogue & discussion board
Abraham in an Egyptian funeral text?

Peterson wrote:Critics said that the name Abraham would never appear in an Egyptian hieroglyphic text. They were wrong.

I agree, critics shouldn't have said that.

Peterson wrote:Critics also typically maintain that we have all of the papyri that Joseph Smith once possessed.

Some have made the mistake of making such a claim. But you will admit that we have important fragments had by Joseph Smith including the original vignette of Facsimile No. 1 and the hieroglyphic writing that flanks it. Yes, we can read the writing to the left of the vignette as well as the writing to the right.

Peterson wrote:Hence it would be wildly premature to conclude that the name Abraham did not appear in the papyri once possessed by Joseph Smith.

Well, in all of the fragments that exist now there is not a single thing to link any of them to the Book of Abraham. Not a single word. Now, with that said, we are able to read the hieroglyphic writing contained in Facsimile No. 3 that Smith published in the Times and Seasons. We can read every single word. Is the name Abraham found therein? Nope. Neither is the name Shulem or Olimlah! And, there is no king's name either in the register as designated by Smith.

Go figure!

Peterson wrote:I recommend Professor Gee's brief Guide to the Joseph Smith Papyri as a primer on the essential issues.

Are you serious? Do you think Gee is going to satisfy the questions to answers that don't exist? What about the king's name? How do you spell Shulem? What about Olimlah being a slave? How about the nose that was chopped off leaving poor Anubis in a mutilated state?

You know what, Daniel? Your ability to debate the Book of Abraham is a lost cause. I'd love to kick your ass and leave you on the ground completely knocked out cold. It would be my pleasure to humble your smart little school teacher ass should you want to debate it! Do you want to step up to the plate and take the MASTER on? Come on, I dare you.   

Shulem

2Shulem smacks down Daniel C Peterson Empty Re: Shulem smacks down Daniel C Peterson Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:39 pm

Philo Soffee

Nice smack down, but ultimately useless......Peterson is as closed minded as they come. I still can't post or see anything on the other board....sigh

Shulem

Shulem

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]