Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Start a New Message Boards Shades

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Start a New Message Boards Shades Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Philo Soffee

I have no idea how to myself, but if the old one can't work, start a new one. I would certainly join it.....I loved your old one, and we can make a new one even better!

Hope someone kept all the important info we posted there through the years..... there was some magnificent discussions and info!

2Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:44 pm

Shulem

Shulem

Those stupid fuckers over there keep posting posts to each other. The rest of us can't read them!

How stupid is that?

Evil or Very Mad

Stop posting you stupid fucks! You guys are fucking stupid!

Nobody can hear you except you stupid fucks.

I wish JG would do something about it.

lol!

3Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:06 am

Chickdeario

Shulem wrote:

I wish JG would do something about it.

lol!

Do what? What am I your errand boy?

4Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:25 am

Chickdeario

It must have been the last incidence where the board got messed up where I put out a call for techie's and I honestly don't recall why I took up the mantle and did that. But...there are definitely techies on the board for example, Rockslider. I want to say Analytics or Cinepro were others who responded to that old request. I could be wrong.

But it looks like there are only a small number of posters who can actually post so pulling off a call for techs might not work right now.

What gets me is that there's a board RIGHT HERE and no one seems to give a shit about it. It's open, it's dependable, it's secure.

The only thing wrong with this board is that Shades needs to secure admin rights from Liz and set up EA as moderator again, change the background. Otherwise this board works just fine. It's been sitting here since the day it was made and it's in good working order.

This is the same type of board that we used for Geeks. I know how to run it, change the background and all because I had admin rights on there. It's very easy to manage this format.

5Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:36 am

Chickdeario

Okay guys. So I did something. Let's see if it works!

She said, mysteriously. Wink

6Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:19 pm

Madeleine_

i can now read and post on the other board using mozilla firefox, but as i read the comments, everyone is using a different browser or something, some work for some but don't for others, etc. it is still a mess.

also the downgrade means certain features are missing or i cant find them, which also makes it less satisfying.

7Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Chickdeario

Madeleine that's what I noticed too and I think I commented on such in the other thread. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to who can post using which browser or device.

I can fully read and post using my iPhone. I can't do either of those on this Chromebook thing whereas at least 2 posters said Chrome worked for them. I opened up my old laptop last night which has Edge? It was useless for MDB.

I'm just not willing to jump through hoops to be able to post there. Who knows, I could change my mind I suppose but I'm content the way things are right now. I'm not missing discussing politics and I haven't cared about Terrestrial topics for years now.

The less noise in my head right now, the better off I am.

8Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Shulem

Shulem

Madeleine_ wrote:which also makes it less satisfying.

I can only imagine. I'm out of there. There isn't anything to do other than read old threads. All the new stuff is unavailable to me, period.

I don't expect Mormon Discussions will be getting new people and it's going to get quite stale as the same old people keep posting to each other like freaky circus animals performing some strange act. A bunch of fucking weirdos!

Fuck it.

study

9Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Chickdeario

I was just wondering (considering what I see there) why mav even opened MDB for use before it was repaired? Does he need it to be open in order to further repair it?

I haven't spent much time looking at it but it looks like it's only getting a small handful of posts per day? I should probably review it before opening my mouth here, but it looks like only a small amount of posters are even bothering to post there.

When I do look there I notice various screen names are on but I am sure those are posters checking to see if they can read or post...and they can't.

I know what I would do about it, but maybe Shades has a good reason to hold out and wait for the board to be repaired.

10Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:43 pm

MrStakhanovite

Chickdeario wrote:I was just wondering (considering what I see there) why mav even opened MDB for use before it was repaired? Does he need it to be open in order to further repair it?

I get the feeling MDB is more of an annoyance to Mav than anything else. So he probably did the bare minimum to keep the board afloat until he has the time and/or inclination to invest the effort needed for a more permanent fix. Shades really isn't anything more than a custodian and his only recourse it to contact Mav. When it comes to either software or the hosting service, Shades can't really do anything.

Starting a new board is a fairly daunting prospect and IMO is just as likely to kill the community as MDB remaining in its current state.

11Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:59 pm

Chickdeario

MrStakhanovite wrote:

Starting a new board is a fairly daunting prospect and IMO is just as likely to kill the community as MDB remaining in its current state.  

Daunting? Not if you use forumotion that constructed this board. It's the same exact format that was used for Geeks. If I know how to set it up and add forums, so can Shades do it.

If I had mod status here, I'd bring this one up to date in less than 5 minutes and let it roll.

Let me try something.

ETA: So I did a thing. Let's see if it helps.

12Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Shulem

Shulem

Chickdeario wrote:

If I had mod status here

You can have mod status for all I care just so long as I can say:

FUCK!

Razz

bom

drunken

13Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Chickdeario

Shulem wrote:
Chickdeario wrote:

If I had mod status here

You can have mod status for all I care just so long as I can say:

FUCK!

Razz

bom

drunken

Are you that frustrated? Personally I've been enjoying not using MDB.

14Start a New Message Boards Shades Empty Re: Start a New Message Boards Shades Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Shulem

Shulem

It's Fixed!

Chickdeario wrote:Who got in here and changed this place? Now I'm all kinds of disoriented.

In any case, you guys use this link for MDB proper and see if you can get in there.

http://mormondiscussions.com/index.php

I'll be damned, it worked for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum