Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Choose The Right

+6
lululu
AdminLiz
Drifting1
harmony
White Buffalo
subgenius
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Choose The Right - Page 4 Empty Re: Choose The Right Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 am

subgenius

subgenius

Themis wrote:
subgenius wrote:
no it does not, no proof exists to support your coffee-house pontificating which lacks anything more than a poster board motto being held up at some sad rally where people chant "gay and here to stay!".

Your question is still stupid. You never even begin to show what possible virtue or value does heterosexuality offer to society or to any person who claims to hold virtue/values - regardless of how one defines those virtues/values. Most of what you list has nothing to do with either one.
i never claimed heterosexual virtues in the OP. I simply noted that their are clear values/virtues which are described by the church, and likely not that dissimilar from most of society's values/virtues. When these value/virtues are coupled with the advice for how one should "choose" their friends, it begs the question of how LGBT measures up to those guidelines.
And so far, no one has even offered a hint as to how the quality of being LGBT equates with ANY value/virtue...of any group.
As for your feeble deflection here, please, if i have to define the rather concise list i provided in the OP then you are way out of your league with this discussion, because the assumption of literacy is well beyond you.

77Choose The Right - Page 4 Empty Re: Choose The Right Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:23 am

subgenius

subgenius

lululu wrote:
lululu wrote:
subgenius wrote:
lululu wrote:And you wonder why your brother "imposes exile upon himself."

--The lulu
no, i don't really...like his lifestyle, it is by his own choice.

Do you call the brother "the sexual deviant?"

Stop pretending you're bcspace, subgenius. ANSWER the question.

zzzzzzzzz...wha?....huh...oh, ok....my answer...easy, its no. (see the part where i dont call the LGBT sexual deviant)

78Choose The Right - Page 4 Empty Re: Choose The Right Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 am

subgenius

subgenius

consiglieri wrote:
subgenius wrote:

by your logic, a pedophile's best self is "to be" a pedophile.

Am I the only one tired of homosexuality being equated with pedophilia?

no, but i must be the only one who tired of poor conclusions being drawn.
I never equated homosexuality with pedophlilia...but if it makes you feel better, then "by your logic, a murderer's best self is to be a murderer"
or
"by your logic, a right-wing christian abortion clinic bomber's best self is to be a right-wing abortion clinic bomber"

yup, either way your logic is bad.

79Choose The Right - Page 4 Empty Re: Choose The Right Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:01 am

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

subgenius wrote:
consiglieri wrote:
subgenius wrote:

by your logic, a pedophile's best self is "to be" a pedophile.

Am I the only one tired of homosexuality being equated with pedophilia?

no, but i must be the only one who tired of poor conclusions being drawn.
I never equated homosexuality with pedophlilia...but if it makes you feel better, then "by your logic, a murderer's best self is to be a murderer"
or
"by your logic, a right-wing christian abortion clinic bomber's best self is to be a right-wing abortion clinic bomber"

yup, either way your logic is bad.

So it would be incorrect to state that a heterosexual's best self is to be a heterosexual?

80Choose The Right - Page 4 Empty Re: Choose The Right Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am

subgenius

subgenius

White Buffalo wrote:

So it would be incorrect to state that a heterosexual's best self is to be a heterosexual?
obviously, the statement represents bad logic and a misunderstanding of the simple concepts for "self", "best" and "___sexual".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum