Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I know who the next Church President will be...

+2
ludwigm
Drifting1
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Drifting1

No, I'm not a prophet. But I can read...

UNDER THE DIRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST, the Church is led by 15 apostles, who are also regarded as prophets, seers, and revelators. The man who has been an apostle the longest is the President of the Church, and by inspiration he selects two other apostles as counselors. These three function as the First Presidency, which is the highest governing body of the Church. (For information on the other 12 apostles, see Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, which is the second-highest governing body of the Church.)

Members of the First Presidency are special witnesses of Jesus Christ, called to teach and testify of Him throughout the world. They travel frequently, addressing and encouraging large congregations of members and interested nonmembers, as well as meeting with local leaders.

When they are not traveling, members of the First Presidency counsel together and with other general Church leaders on matters affecting the worldwide Church, such as missionary work, temple building, spiritual and temporal welfare, and much more.

Nothing to do with God then...

ludwigm

ludwigm

Drifting1 wrote:
The man who has been an apostle the longest is the President of the Church....
God can elect which apostle has the opportunity to last the others out - by killing the others. Evil or Very Mad

Does 'killing' sounds bad? OK, call it 'rearranging the resources' of the life.

subgenius

subgenius

Drifting1 wrote:...Nothing to do with God then...
sure it does, who do you think has been keeping him alive all that time?
i once heard Elder Perry speak and on this subject he exclaimed how he prays for Elder Packer's longevity everyday!

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

Drifting1 wrote:No, I'm not a prophet. But I can read...

UNDER THE DIRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST, the Church is led by 15 apostles, who are also regarded as prophets, seers, and revelators. The man who has been an apostle the longest is the President of the Church, and by inspiration he selects two other apostles as counselors. These three function as the First Presidency, which is the highest governing body of the Church. (For information on the other 12 apostles, see Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, which is the second-highest governing body of the Church.)

Members of the First Presidency are special witnesses of Jesus Christ, called to teach and testify of Him throughout the world. They travel frequently, addressing and encouraging large congregations of members and interested nonmembers, as well as meeting with local leaders.

When they are not traveling, members of the First Presidency counsel together and with other general Church leaders on matters affecting the worldwide Church, such as missionary work, temple building, spiritual and temporal welfare, and much more.

The apologetic on this would be that God created the process.

https://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com

harmony

subgenius wrote:
Drifting1 wrote:...Nothing to do with God then...
sure it does, who do you think has been keeping him alive all that time?
i once heard Elder Perry speak and on this subject he exclaimed how he prays for Elder Packer's longevity everyday!

Obviously my prayers are answered too, since I pray for Pres Monson to outlive Packer every day. The day I have to sustain a leech as prophet is the day I have to leave. (my family prays for Pres Monson too. How embarrassing would it be to the family for the mom to stand up in church and call the prophet a leech?)

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

I don't think Packer will outlive Monson. He's looking pretty bad these days, like his face is about to fall off his skull. Too bad. A Packer presidency would be hilarious.

AdminLiz

AdminLiz
Admin

White Buffalo wrote:I don't think Packer will outlive Monson. He's looking pretty bad these days, like his face is about to fall off his skull. Too bad. A Packer presidency would be hilarious.

Actually, I think that a Packer presidency now would be pretty milquetoast. Remember how worried folks were when President Benson became prophet?

I have a feeling that based on the type of PR work that President Hinckley managed to accomplish during his presidency, Packer's "reign" would be fairly non-entertaining. Neutral

https://mormondiscussions.forumotion.com

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

AdminLiz wrote:
White Buffalo wrote:I don't think Packer will outlive Monson. He's looking pretty bad these days, like his face is about to fall off his skull. Too bad. A Packer presidency would be hilarious.

Actually, I think that a Packer presidency now would be pretty milquetoast. Remember how worried folks were when President Benson became prophet?

I have a feeling that based on the type of PR work that President Hinckley managed to accomplish during his presidency, Packer's "reign" would be fairly non-entertaining. Neutral

I don't know that you can generalize from Benson how Packer would behave. He still has a hard-on for gays. Pun intended.

subgenius

subgenius

White Buffalo wrote:I don't know that you can generalize from Benson how Packer would behave. He still has a hard-on for gays. Pun intended.
what pun? Packer? or hard-on?

White Buffalo

White Buffalo

subgenius wrote:
White Buffalo wrote:I don't know that you can generalize from Benson how Packer would behave. He still has a hard-on for gays. Pun intended.

I didn't pick up on the Packer pun. I guess because it's been so long since I was in middle school.

subgenius

subgenius

White Buffalo wrote:
subgenius wrote:

I didn't pick up on the Packer pun. I guess because it's been so long since I was in middle school.
weird, cause i would bet you never left

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum