Mormon Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mormon Discussions

Mormon Discussions...because we all want the truth.Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EVERYONE: Please check the main site again.

+10
BretRipley
honor_entheos
Shulem
Pacumeni
Moksha
MsJack
Chickdeario
Gadianton
Madeleine_
Dr. Shades
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Shulem

Shulem

RIP

Mormon Discussions

What a Face

Doctor CamNC4Me

So, I registered because I’ve come to terms with the reality MDB is dead. What a shame. It was a good place to catalogue the little insanities Mormonism produces, especially from its leadership and apologists. I also want to second giving JG admin rights here so she can clean up this board. It’s just so lazy leaving a Christmas theme up all year round.

Also, fuck that little racist lying POS Smokey. I think Shulem dialed into something about Smokey’s sexuality. He’s giving off hardcore repressed homosexual tendencies, and it’s manifesting as some sort of doubling down on his given identity. I want to note, also, that I know who he is, but I’ve refrained from doxxing him because I think that’s just... I don’t have the right words for it, but it’s kind of lazy when the Internet should be used to discuss ideas rather than who the person is in real life.

Whatever.

- Doc

Chickdeario

You guys. There isn't anyone here who can give admin or mod rights to anyone. Only Liz can do that and possibly harmony who is listed as a mod if Liz gave harmony rights to do things like she did for us on Geeks. Both are MIA. This board is fully functional however it has no standing admin or mods. I wasn't going to say this publicly here but even Shades can't admin or mod this forum so if there is a large influx of posters, it could get out of control and fast.

So. The main board is FUBAR and this one has no way to manage it.

This board here, as it stands, could be brought up to date in less than 5 minutes time. I know how to add and re-title forums (Prison) and how to change the backgrounds from doing it on Geeks. It's cake.

If I were Shades, I would use forumotion and set up a new board like this one. It's so easy to set up a new board using this format a monkey could do it. I can set up a new board but I don't want to step on Shades' toes. I would never want to be a moderator or admin unless Shades wanted me to get this re-formatted to reflect the main board so that it's usable--which again, even a monkey could do it.

The part that I am sure puts Shades off is that he'd lose all the threads archived on MDB proper. I would suggest doing what we did with 2think in a similar case where the archived threads couldn't follow us. Pin a link to the former board on this one. That's the best you can do under such circumstances.

One thing is for sure. No matter if MDB proper gets repaired or not, something has got to give regarding the board going down and Shades being at the mercy of others to repair it.

I'm no tech person so I don't know if there are any ramifications to using forumotion but look, Geeks (which uses forumotion) is still functional. This board is still functional. MDB is not.

So why aren't we using forumotion or perhaps some other free forum type website?

FYI: If Liz has this set up (and I haven't checked it) like Geeks, you can self-ban and self-delete your own posts. Just mentioning that.  The search feature is fully functional here which MDB hasn't really been functional without jumping through hoops for years.

ETA: I've tried contacting Liz two different ways. I just sent a message out to someone who could perhaps help with that since I haven't had her email address for years and I don't remember it. I don't know if Shades has tried contacting her?

Shulem

Shulem

Chick,

Someone is moderating the board and that somebody has to be Shades. He asked me some time ago to change the name of one of my threads down in Telestial because it had the word "Fuck" in the title and that was visible from the main board and it seemed to bother Shades. Anyway, before I was able to acquiesce to his request somebody already changed the name of my thread!

"[Thread by Shulem]"

The word Fuck was gone from the title because SHADES must have been the one to do it.

So, there is a moderator on board.

pirat

Chickdeario

Shulem wrote:Chick,

Someone is moderating the board and that somebody has to be Shades. He asked me some time ago to change the name of one of my threads down in Telestial because it had the word "Fuck" in the title and that was visible from the main board and it seemed to bother Shades. Anyway, before I was able to acquiesce to his request somebody already changed the name of my thread!

"[Thread by Shulem]"

The word Fuck was gone from the title because SHADES must have been the one to do it.

So, there is a moderator on board.

pirat

Are you sure? If so, then he should get in there and update this board background, add Prison, and it's good to go.

I have no clue what's going on then. He's not listed as either admin or mod here. What the heck?

Shulem

Shulem

I'm sure. Go down and read the thread. He bitched about the name of the title and before I could fix it someone had already changed the name of the title!

Of course I'm fucking sure and I'm fucking sure that he did it.

Where the fuck is Liz baby?

bounce

Shulem

Shulem

Hey SHADES, I'm using red fucking ink!

What ya gonna do about it?

hee hee

Laughing

Chickdeario

Shulem wrote:I'm sure. Go down and read the thread. He bitched about the name of the title and before I could fix it someone had already changed the name of the title!

Of course I'm fucking sure and I'm fucking sure that he did it.

Where the fuck is Liz baby?

bounce

If he could do that then why isn't he listed as admin or mod here? What is that about and why isn't he telling us what his plan might be or updating us on the MDB repair?

It'd be nice if he'd put in an appearance here but maybe he's overloaded IRL on account of the crisis.

I haven't been in private contact with Liz in years. I've been trying to get in contact with her using different methods with no success so far. I tried one more way just a few minutes ago.

I think he should just set up a new board using forumotion then he's not at the mercy of anyone for anything.

Chickdeario

Shulem wrote:Hey SHADES, I'm using red fucking ink!

What ya gonna do about it?

hee hee

Laughing

OMG. lol

Shulem

Shulem

I don't know why he's not listed per se but maybe he's assumed another moderator's name, such as Harmony. I don't know. But it had to have been SHADES that changed the name of my thread because it happened very soon after he made the request. I didn't even have time to fix it myself which I was going to do out of the kindness of my heart.

I love you

Right now, Mormon Discussions (over there) is dead. It was crucified and is hanging on a cross. Perhaps Shades is hoping to pull off a resurrection and surprise us all by Sunday. That's my best guess. Otherwise, the board is dead and will begin to mummify and petrify itself.

RIP

Shulem

Shulem

Chickdeario wrote:
OMG. lol

ikr!

cyclops

Hey SHADES, where the FUCK are you?

Shulem

Shulem

Chick,

I forgot to mention that my thread about Daniel Peterson was moderated. A post in the terrestrial board was split and moved down into the Telestial Board. Who do you think did that? I sure the fuck didn't do it.

It had to have been SHADES!

He did it. He has crumbs on his jacketses, he did it!

EVERYONE:  Please check the main site again. - Page 6 Rotk0831

Chickdeario

If he can moderate this board then why isn't he on here giving this thing some speed and velocity or making a thread title on MDB with the link to this board in the title so even locked out folks can read it?

I just checked MDB on my phone and I ended up posting on the status thread because there was a post by kairos saying something about how this is painful and there is hope and I lost patience reading that mainly because I can't tolerate stoopid.

W. T. F.

So I said what is wrong with you people? There's a fully functional back up board I posted about in Terrestrial and Paradise. Can't you read? I told them they were welcome to join in here.

Seriously, wtf is wrong with people there? They're all like oh I can use Chrome on whatever device and I can use IE on this device. BFD the board doesn't work and probably 3/4 of the community can't read anything that was posted after the so-called update. So yeah.

All I know is that I did my part posting about the back up board when shit went down.

Oh and can I just say this, too. I saw early on Icarus in Paradise I think it was saying how he had called Shades in the beginning and how Icarus himself was thinking about starting a back up board.

The man's head is primarily up his butt at any given time. He doesn't read and he doesn't notice what goes on around him. I think I replied that there was already a back up board and it's been here for years.  Rolling Eyes

Whatever. Listen, if folks want to spin their wheels there until the board gets miraculously resurrected that's no skin off my nose. It's rather tedious when I look in there and read some of the comments where oh my av doesn't work. The freaking BOARD doesn't work and I'd say maybe 10 posters can post? Can't they SEE what's going on around them? The rest are here or out in no man's land because they can't freaking READ the posts that tell them anything and they don't know what to do.

Which only begs the question, why didn't mav just leave the freaking message to this place on there until the board was fixed instead of coming up with a half-assed solution which effectively renders MDB proper a 3-wheeled jack wagon?

Even where I posted the 2 threads about the back up board, if anyone made new posts on them the "outsiders" can't freaking read them now.

Okay. I'm done ranting for now. This is a study in natural selection just like people's stupid shit responses to the virus issue. I'm not willing to use my phone to participate there and I'm feeling pretty good about not posting much at all right now anyway except for posting here with the smaller crowd of posters.

All my favs are here anyway with the exception of Gunnar. If I can reel him over here I'll do it if nothing else but for my own satisfaction since I've been posting with him for 20 years and you know...Ohana.

I have to go take the Pug out for a ride in her stroller now. She turned 16 this week and she can't really walk without assistance--she has a wheelchair cart--but I'm gonna take her for a ride in the pet stroller and make the most of the gorgeous weather we have here before it snows tonight and tomorrow.

Shulem

Shulem

system status?

Last post by Jersey Girl
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:56 pm

This page isn’t working

mormondiscussions.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

EVERYONE:  Please check the main site again. - Page 6 DohkLvii42aktnaVoeC8xGtyK9c3X6Rq_whe0d0cpKe7RdxNk2PE8hPzYtR-vgpHihkzLzetKmByOcBONKViIGjS_wYm7EB97F3-JLLq00dD5gFE6baa3oF77sBKwB3q

lol!

Chickdeario

I know right. If I could copy/paste with my phone like a normal person I'd plaster the post I made right here. I despise using my phone for stuff like that.

Whatevs. Rolling Eyes

Dr. Shades

Dr. Shades

There's a difference between having moderator authority and having administrator authority. Liz gave me the former, but not the latter like I enjoy on the main board.

What this means is that I can edit posts here (which I usually only do to correct formatting mistakes), split threads, move threads, etc. What I can't do is change the background image, create new forums, etc.

Mav doesn't have much experience with PHP software, which is what the main board uses, so although he brought us up to its current incarnation he can't fix any of the browser incompatibility issues. Keene can do all of the above, but due to medical issues he's too chronically fatigued to take on the job. I asked Bryan (the other guy who originally set up the board for me), but it's been a couple of days and he hasn't responded yet.

I can't take the main board offline and direct everyone here anymore because the people who are able to post there are also immune to the board being taken offline--they'd never notice.

There's no need to start a thread asking everyone to come here because Chickdeario already did that.

Starting a board from scratch (no pun intended) is perhaps the solution that first comes to mind, but there's the issue of obtaining the domain name and the issue of porting over the original database of all the hundreds of thousands of posts that were made over 15 years--it'd be a shame to lose all of them. If Mav granted permission, database transfer to a new server is still beyond my technical capabilities.

Perhaps Shulem is right. If I can't find a guru / wizard who can fix these browser compatibility & limited function issues, then it's most likely time to throw in the towel and say thanks for the memories.

http://www.mormoninformation.com

Chickdeario

Shades. If I can figure out a way to heads up the community is that okay with you? Because I have an idea that might work.

Oh never mind, I'll just try it. It sure couldn't hurt at this point.

I have to post with my stinking phone again. Rolling Eyes

Chickdeario

ETA: I did it. Let's see if that works or not. I can light up the board like a Christmas tree if I need to.

santa

I think posters who know me will trust those posts and show up. We'll see. That's my best shot at an invitation that all can see. Maybe just get the majority of the community here and keep it afloat until Shades can figure out his next step.

Hope I didn't step on your toes there, Shades. I'm trying to help. At least you could have open communication with the community here until you know what to do about all of this.

Chickdeario

Who got in here and changed this place? Now I'm all kinds of disoriented.

In any case, you guys use this link for MDB proper and see if you can get in there. This is the link to the new version of MDB.

http://mormondiscussions.com/index.php

I think this will set the captives free. Tell me if you can post using that link?

Last edited by Chickdeario on Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total

MrStakhanovite

Chickdeario wrote:Who got in here and changed this place? Now I'm all kinds of disoriented.

In any case, you guys use this link for MDB proper and see if you can get in there.

I'll be damned, it worked for me.

Chickdeario

MrStakhanovite wrote:
Chickdeario wrote:Who got in here and changed this place? Now I'm all kinds of disoriented.

In any case, you guys use this link for MDB proper and see if you can get in there.

I'll be damned, it worked for me.

Yeah, because that's the new version. Here's the previous version link. Just double check that.

This should be the one everyone is getting blocked from:

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/index.php

I swear if any of us really had a brain we'd be dangerous.

Chickdeario

The new version is the one I've been using my phone to post on. The old version is the one I've been linking to on my laptop.

Smacking myself upside my own head over here.

Shocked

Last edited by Chickdeario on Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Chickdeario

Let my people go!!!  farao

But who will I talk to now? I like it over here.

Crying or Very sad

Shulem

Shulem

farao

OMFG!

Shulem

Shulem

Dr. Shades wrote:

Perhaps Shulem is right.  If I can't find a guru / wizard who can fix these browser compatibility & limited function issues, then it's most likely time to throw in the towel and say thanks for the memories.

I was wrong. You have Jersey Baby, your wizard girl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum